After reading a number of US-centric internet articles, I went back to check the figures:
- China has more than twice the number of internet users than the USA.
- China has more internet users than other countries have people (with one exception – India).
About 22% of all internet users are in China. This number will continue to rise since less than half the population have access, whereas USA internet penetration has peaked. When China penetration catches up with the USA (86.75%) China will have more than 1,200,000,000 internet users and >30% world usage.
China internet penetration will continue to rise because it’s cheaper to buy on the internet: in major cities in China you can already buy almost anything online at a discount for same day / next day delivery with a selection of fully integrated secure payment solutions.
- China internet users: 641,601,070
- Population of USA: 321,605,012
- Internet users USA: 279,834,232
So please, don’t host your website scripts from a content delivery network that is not available in China.